Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cakey-cakey for the DCruz family

That was how my dear friend Sue described her order when she emailed me. The cakes below were for one of their regular family get togethers, nearly 50 pax each time.



Vanilla butter cake. Sue's mum turns 70. Her cake incorporates all her interests: children, home, baking, reading, girl guides and sewing. After my royal icing course, I decided to include the recently learned smocking technique here.
Date & walnut cake. For Sue's sister and BIL's 16th anniversary. This is a new recipe shared by Beryl in England. I've not received feedback so I've no idea how this cake turned out but the 'greenies' theme made it fun to do!

Moist chocolate cake for the June babies. Here I played around with colourful glitter piping gel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOur smocking is smoking girl!!!!

wiz